False alarm; Missing twins safe
Yahamalit and Tiwahrisah Holness, the twins who were reported missing yesterday by the police, are safe and in the custody of their mother Rakesha Lewis.
Lewis, who showed up with the children at the Montego Hills police station to prove their safety, told reporters the children were never missing and is unsure why a release was sent out.
The missing report and a high alert for the siblings was sent out yesterday, claiming they had been missing since the 14th of June.
However, after the news release went out, Lewis called the Montego Hills Police Station saying she was the mother and her kids were not missing.
According to Lewis, the children were at home with her.
She was asked to take them to the police station tonight if possible and she agreed says the police.
Neither the commanding officer in charge of the parish, Superintendent Carlos Russell, the officer in charge of operations, superintendent Eron Samuels nor the officer in charge of the Montego Hills Police Station, sergeant Bruce Walker, were aware of any reports of missing children in the area.
The Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) Communication Unit said the children went missing on June 14, which is 50 days ago.
Janet Silvera || Senior Gleaner Writer
We want to hear from you! Email us at email@example.com and follow @thejamaicastar on Instagram and on Twitter @JamaicaStar and on Facebook: @TheJamaicaStar, or on Whatsapp @ 876-550-2506.